Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic Heavy Duty diesel Engine Oil is perfect for modern low-emission, heavy duty engines. It has an oil weight of SAE 5W-40, which means it has an SAE viscosity rating of 5 during cold temperature, and 40 when it is operating at normal temperature. This rating passed the standard of motor oil viscosity according to the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
It requires a motor oil to pass the 0-60 viscosity rate. Getting puzzled about all that numbers? Don’t be. It’ll be much more clearer while you go through the next. Only know that T6 is efficient for vehicles equipped with diesel particulate filters (DPFs) and appropriate for the requirements of industry specifications like API CJ-4. So let’s examine Rotella T6 review and see if this product is worthy of your money or not.
Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Full Synthetic Review
Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil is a fully synthetic motor oil. It is versatile and is best to use for nearly all kinds of modern diesel type engines ranging from cars and trucks to motorbikes, ATV’s, and more. It can efficiently cool, lubricate and clean engines. As a result, you can experience a very proficient performance while driving on and off roads.
Some of its’ important features:
- Fully synthetic motor oil
- SAE 5W-40 (viscosity rate), usage of Shell’s most advanced technology, Shell Rotella T6 oil ensures enhanced fuel economy. It decreases the cost of fuel burning compared to 15W-40. Note that, without compromising with the facts that look after the engine durability. Isn’t that great?
- A perfect choice for both cool and hot weather, How? it resists heat breakdown and on the other hand, it allows dependable pumping on start-up while it is cold. Now you may be thinking then it’s possibly likely to increase the chances of engine wear. Well, it ain’t cause during this time it remains thick enough to protect against wear.
- Excellent for preventing wear and tearing of engine compared to the previous generation API CI-4 PLUS engine oils
- 34% enhanced wear performance than older formulations
- An addition of Low Ash Additive technology in a synthetic oil which is rare but great! It leads to a perfect accommodation to your driving condition.
- Suitable for nearly all kinds of diesel-type vehicle engine
- Efficiently cleans your engine
- Size of item: 1 gallon (128 ounces, pack of 3)
- Dimension: 12.6 x 12.2 x 9.6 inches
- Shipping weight: 24.7 pounds
- Heavy duty oil that is multifunctional
Yes, it increases oil pressure slightly but that’s for the protection against engine wear. You do want to keep your engine wear proof, right?
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
I personally like this oil and there are some others who have been using Rotella t6 5w40 motor il for several years already. According to their reviews, it provides excellent service to their diesel-type engine vehicles. One of the customers accounted the extra 1mpg of his Duramax using Rotella t6 5w40 motor oil and since then he can’t but be shifted to T6. This satisfied customer liked the economy of using T6 because the oil change cost only went up $8 a gallon and this is marvelous.
Rotella T6 is highly preferable for heavy duty vehicles like Dozers, loaders, excavators and others like this. Another thing, it is very good adapting ambient temperatures. Many customers have also noticed that since it is 5W-40, it may be assumed as a type of conventional oil. And obviously, you have the benefits of a synthetic oil.
If it were a conventional oil then it is likely not to be used in hot climates to places like Vegas, but since the Shell Tech Support confirms that it is fully synthetic oil, there is no more issue with this. It is claimed by many drivers who have used Rotella T6 motor oil that it is more than capable of bringing efficient performance during long hours of driving in hot weather.
So what’s on your mind? Is it worthy or not? I agree with what you are thinking and of course, it’s not possible to determine that without at least trying the product and you should do that. Click out the link below for discounted price.